Powerful storms bring damage to Grafton County
In some communities, such as Warren in Grafton County, trees were uprooted, and some crashed down on homes and vehicles doing a good deal of property damage. Virtually all electrical service was knocked out there. Meanwhile, the same system passed by and barely touched other towns over the course of about two hours.
"I just talked to a woman who had a big pine tree come down on her trailer. It broke the ridge pole and wrecked her new car that was less than a month old," Sackett said.
"It's pretty well opened back up," Sackett said at around 7:30 p.m., after the storms struck at around 5:30.
"Downtown Warren is a disaster," said Marcia Downs, a resident of that town who returned home at about 7:30 p.m. after driving around and surveying the scene.
And what about the Project Mercury-era Redstone Missile that has stood on the Warren green for decades?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Plow drivers learn salt goes a long way - 3
- UPDATE: Nashua, Washington residents killed in separate crashes - 0
- For most, no choice but to hit the roads for stormy holiday travel - 3
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to coastal boaters - 0
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to boaters - 0
- Man crushed by wind-felled tree in Laconia as powerful winds follow frigid air; thousands without power - 0
- Slick roads eyed for holiday - 0
- Granite Staters arrived in Philippines just after typhoon hit - 0
- Granite Staters fly out to Phillipines to help after typhoon - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice