Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Wall Street Tower penthouse is tops on tour
I was inspired to Google the penthouse when I saw it will be open to the public as part of Intown Manchester's Downtown Living Tour this Thursday. For just $5 you can tour six different "urban living spaces" and get a taste of what it would be like to live downtown.
Don't worry. If you are serious about living downtown, there are many more affordable rental options open for viewing as part of Thursday's Downtown Living Tour. You can purchase tickets and see a map at www.IntownManchester.com.
Boynton's Taproom, Manchester's home of dueling pianos and other fun events, closed up shop at its Dow Street location in April.
Taproom manager Bourne Spooner said owners Josh and Rachel Boynton hope to reopen in a new location, but there are no definite plans. He said they had to close for logistical reasons.
Tossing it in for tourney
The Granite State Rockettes 4th Grade Girls AAU Basketball team is having one as a fundraiser for its upcoming trip to Orlando for the national AAU basketball tournament.
If you see a lot of people wearing matching T-shirts near Derryfield Park this Saturday, you have probably run into the 2013 New Hampshire Heart Walk. The walk begins at 10 a.m. and post-walk fun, including a make-your-own-trail-mix station and free Subway sandwiches, starts at 11 a.m. There is sure to be a fun, healthy atmosphere as walkers of all ages head out on one- or three-mile routes to raise money and awareness for heart disease, stroke and heart defects. It's not too late to sign up! Visit www.NH365.org for more information on this fun event and other things going on in and around the Queen City.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sandown school board member demands surveillance video in letter to superintendent - 2
- Campbell High celebrates a national distinction - 0
- Central High fair to feature admissions officers - 0
- Nashua board reviews eligibility for school sports and clubs - 0
- Nashua fourth-graders show significant gains in science - 0
- UNH math professor earns prestigious MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- School emergency notification system to launch in Londonderry - 0
- New Nashua computer curriculum stresses exam, lifetime skills - 0
- Manchester teachers to hold 2nd contract vote following voting hours complaints - 26
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox down Orioles in 10 as Ortiz hits a pair - 0
- Portsmouth stuns Memorial - 0
- High School Sports Round-up - 0
- Milford stuffs Souhegan on final play - 0
- Efficient Bedford beats Winnacunnet - 0
- Ex-Connecticut governor guilty of violating federal campaign laws - 0
- GOP attempts to tie Shaheen to old criminal case - 6
- Salem man presented with Polish award - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
Goodell vows domestic violence change