Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Wall Street Tower penthouse is tops on tour
I was inspired to Google the penthouse when I saw it will be open to the public as part of Intown Manchester's Downtown Living Tour this Thursday. For just $5 you can tour six different "urban living spaces" and get a taste of what it would be like to live downtown.
Don't worry. If you are serious about living downtown, there are many more affordable rental options open for viewing as part of Thursday's Downtown Living Tour. You can purchase tickets and see a map at www.IntownManchester.com.
Boynton's Taproom, Manchester's home of dueling pianos and other fun events, closed up shop at its Dow Street location in April.
Taproom manager Bourne Spooner said owners Josh and Rachel Boynton hope to reopen in a new location, but there are no definite plans. He said they had to close for logistical reasons.
Tossing it in for tourney
The Granite State Rockettes 4th Grade Girls AAU Basketball team is having one as a fundraiser for its upcoming trip to Orlando for the national AAU basketball tournament.
If you see a lot of people wearing matching T-shirts near Derryfield Park this Saturday, you have probably run into the 2013 New Hampshire Heart Walk. The walk begins at 10 a.m. and post-walk fun, including a make-your-own-trail-mix station and free Subway sandwiches, starts at 11 a.m. There is sure to be a fun, healthy atmosphere as walkers of all ages head out on one- or three-mile routes to raise money and awareness for heart disease, stroke and heart defects. It's not too late to sign up! Visit www.NH365.org for more information on this fun event and other things going on in and around the Queen City.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teens well-PREP'ed in NH concerning pregnancy - 0
- Manchester school officials back proposed evaluation system - 1
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 5
- Pinkerton: 'No surprises' on first day with additional Hooksett students - 1
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate - 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 0
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown
DWI License Revocations
'Our job is to rebuild that middle class'
The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission