Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Wall Street Tower penthouse is tops on tour
I was inspired to Google the penthouse when I saw it will be open to the public as part of Intown Manchester's Downtown Living Tour this Thursday. For just $5 you can tour six different "urban living spaces" and get a taste of what it would be like to live downtown.
Don't worry. If you are serious about living downtown, there are many more affordable rental options open for viewing as part of Thursday's Downtown Living Tour. You can purchase tickets and see a map at www.IntownManchester.com.
Boynton's Taproom, Manchester's home of dueling pianos and other fun events, closed up shop at its Dow Street location in April.
Taproom manager Bourne Spooner said owners Josh and Rachel Boynton hope to reopen in a new location, but there are no definite plans. He said they had to close for logistical reasons.
Tossing it in for tourney
The Granite State Rockettes 4th Grade Girls AAU Basketball team is having one as a fundraiser for its upcoming trip to Orlando for the national AAU basketball tournament.
If you see a lot of people wearing matching T-shirts near Derryfield Park this Saturday, you have probably run into the 2013 New Hampshire Heart Walk. The walk begins at 10 a.m. and post-walk fun, including a make-your-own-trail-mix station and free Subway sandwiches, starts at 11 a.m. There is sure to be a fun, healthy atmosphere as walkers of all ages head out on one- or three-mile routes to raise money and awareness for heart disease, stroke and heart defects. It's not too late to sign up! Visit www.NH365.org for more information on this fun event and other things going on in and around the Queen City.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Scene in Manchester: Monsters on the loose, again - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Calling all area Muchachos - 0
- Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Bootcamp takes chocolate to a new level - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Dinner offers delicious way to honor local farmers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Cyclists work to ride safely on city streets - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots trade backup QB - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Bob Smith gets A+ from NH Firearms Coalition - 4
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
Amnesty? Garcia is against it