Home » News » Public Safety
Washington police chief injured by his service weapon
“I didn’t pay attention to detail and did not clear the chamber out of my gun,” he said.
He had been target shooting earlier that day and was back at the police station cleaning the Glock 40-caliber handgun he had been shooting, but did not realize the gun magazine had an unfired bullet.
He injured his pinky finger and outer palm area.
“There was a lot of damage there,” he said.
After the accident he was able to radio Washington Fire and Rescue. Marshall said he is grateful his friends were able to come to his aid and that the accident was minor compared to what could have happened. Adding he is happy to be teased by his friends and not eulogized by them.
He is expected to make a full recovery, but will have some ugly scars, he said. “Doctor said I missed all the major structures, ligaments and tendons.”
“My hand’s still all wrapped up not usable for daily use,” he said. “I expect to be back on full duty for the beginning of July.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 3
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hassan vetoes bill to impose 'politeness' standards on public employees - 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 4
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 1
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 4
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 5
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
LNG plant put 'on hold'