Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Man gets suspended sentence in Salem home invasion
Michael Fantasia, 22, drew a suspended one-year county jail sentence, which will remain suspended for three years. He will be on probation for two years, according to County Attorney James Reams.
The deal allows Fantasia to avoid a possible prison sentence of up to 3½ to 7 years in state prison.
He was one of three men who stormed a Salem home on April 3, 2012, to fight Michael Peters, who taunted one of the men on Facebook, according to police.
Rui Conde, 27, and another man allegedly forced their way into the house by smashing the front door and windows of the home with baseball bats, according to police.
When the men broke into the home, Peters grabbed a knife from his kitchen and stabbed Conde during the melee. The fight eventually spilled out onto the front lawn, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 2
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 26
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917