Pizza for Belmont student rehearsal gets federal OK
"There's nothing wrong nutritionally with pizza per se that would violate any guidelines," Dreyer said. "Nothing the principle ordered violated the guidelines."
School Board chair Heidi Hutchinson said Saturday she would ask Clary to contact the New Hampshire Union Leader, but no contact was made.
Dreyer reiterated Monday that government policies now strictly enforced forbid rewarding students with food and prohibit feeding unhealthy foods on any occasion. It's part of the federal government's action to fight childhood obesity, she said.
School district officials will continue to work to inform parents and residents of the district about the decision to make sure residents understand the intent of the food rules and explain when they need to be applied.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 0
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 0
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
- 'Hour of Code' events get students interested in computer programming - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose