North Country gets back on track after wild weather
This large pine was uprooted in front of a home on Route 25 in Warren, one of the towns hardest hit by storms Sunday night. (BOB HOOKWAY PHOTO)
In Grafton County, Warren was among the towns with the most damage.
“The fire department was out with their chain saws last night, helping the road crew. Most everything is opened up again. I think they may still be working on Moses Road now,” Sackett said about 3:30 p.m. Monday.
Power company outage maps were showing by midday Monday that electricity had been restored to most residences and businesses. Pittsburg reportedly lost 100 percent of its power Sunday.
She said that outage occurred before the storm arrived, and was likely due to a damaged transformer.
“The sun was still shining at that time. We got some rain and thunder later,” she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
- Threat of thunderstorms pushes Dover fireworks to Sunday - 0
- Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hassan vetoes bill to impose 'politeness' standards on public employees - 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 6
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 2
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 5
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 5
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
LNG plant put 'on hold'
E-cigarettes find a market in NH