Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats fall at Akron in 12
New Hampshire began a six-game road trip last night and fell to 28-31 on the season.
Twice in the inning with the bases loaded, Wright got a ground ball force-out at home. But Aguilar found a hole with his grounder to right field, scoring Jose Ramirez from third with the winning run.
New Hampshire grabbed a 2-0 lead in the fifth inning when Kevin Nolan doubled to start the frame and jogged home when Adam Loewen launched his sixth season homer over the right field fence. The Aeros got one back in the home fifth when Jake Lowery hit his first homer of the season to right.
New Hampshire plays Akron today and Thursday before opening a three-game series at Erie on Friday.
Tonight at 7:05 p.m. the Fisher Cats send righthander Marcus Walden (4-5, 3.13) against Akron southpaw Matt Packer (2-5, 3.25).
Next week the Fisher Cats begin a six-game homestand on June 11 against Akron and Erie at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 0
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 13
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 12
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan