Home » News » Public Safety
Two serious crashes in Campton
The first crash occurred at about 12:30 a.m. on Route 175 near Perch Pond Road involving a Toyota RAV 4 operated by William Craig, 59, of New Hampton. Craig, who was alone in the vehicle, was unable to negotiate a 90 degree turn, The vehicle left the road and hit a sign, coming to rest against a large tree. Craig was airlifted to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center with serious injuries. Police believe speed and alcohol were factors in the crash.
At 11:30 a.m. Sunday police responded to a motorcycle crash on Route 175 just east of Winterbrook Road. The operator of the motorcycle failed to negotiate a curve and laid the motorcycle down. The driver, Kenneth Hasey, 54, of Alton, was not wearing a helmet and was thrown from the bike. Hasey was airlifted to Dartmouth-Hitchcock in critical condition. The crash is under investigation.
Anyone with information regarding the accidents is asked to contact Campton police at 726-8874.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Sheriff, chief question Shaheen’s recent vote on controversial Obama nominee - 0
- Low turnout seen in early Lakes Region polling - 0
- Goffstown residents slow to vote so far - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Voting is not just for adults in Windham - 0
- Voter turnout is low but steady in Bedford - 0
- Steady voter turnout in Amherst - 0
- Due to snow forecast, Farmington decides to wait a week to decide on town issues - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus