ConVal girls win Division II title
Junior Courtney Fisher handled the pitching and senior shortstop Lauren Mackey led the offense as the Cougars of Peterborough won their first state softball championship in their first title game appearance.
ConVal finished at 17-3. Coe-Brown was also 17-3.
The Bears entered the top of the seventh down 5-0 and made things interesting. The game ended with Fisher collecting her 10th strikeout of the night.
Amanda Riley singled to right to score a pair and it was 5-2 with no outs. Fisher induced a liner to left and a comebacker to the mound for two outs.
Fisher got her final strikeout and a celebration in the pitcher's circle ensued.
The Cougars scored three runs in the first and added a pair in the second and put Coe-Brown into a huge hole.
The Bears loaded the bases with no outs in the first, but Fisher struck out the next two batters and got a line out to shortstop.
Coe-Brown's Shannon Burke and Donohue singled to lead off the sixth.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840