PLAISTOW - Police are seeking the public's help to find a 13-year-old Timberlane Regional Middle School student who did not return home from school Friday afternoon.
Missing-person fliers were posted in Plaistow Saturday as the search began for Sophie Cesati, who was reported as a runaway juvenile to police just before 6:30 p.m. Friday when she failed to arrive home from school at her usual time of 2:45 p.m.
Police Lt. William Baldwin said the Plaistow girl was last seen at the school, on Greenough Road, about 2:30 p.m. and never boarded the school bus.
Police believe her disappearance may stem from online conversations she's had through social media websites, Baldwin said.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call their local police department or the Plaistow Police Department at 382-1200.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice