Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Belmont man whose mother, brother were hacked to death could be freed
Carter, who is handicapped and poor, according to his lawyer, public defender Jesse Friedman, has been held on $200 cash bail in the Belknap County jail in Laconia since his arrest on a driving-after-suspension charge. Friedman has refused to comment on the nature of his client's disability.
But he is scheduled to appear in Franklin Superior Court on the charge and a bail violation charge regarding failure to pay a past traffic fine, court officials said.
But judges don't typically order jail sentences in driving offenses. If he is found guilty, Friedman said he will ask the judge to give Carter credit for time already served, and ask for his release
He said he doesn't see his client's potential release as any threat to the public.
"As far as I'm concerned, he's being held on cash bail for driving after suspension, and people charged with that are not generally considered harmful to the public," Friedman said. "I have no information that he would be a danger to anyone before or after (today's) trial."
Asked specifically about whether Carter was a threat to the public if released, he reiterated what he has said in past days about the case.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate - 0
- Ice storm threatens the region - 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 23
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424