Home » News » Public Safety
State fire officials to investigate last week’s four-alarm fire in Strafford
STRAFFORD — Fire Chief Paul Stover said investigators have not determined what started a four-alarm fire last week, but the matter is now in the hands of the state Fire Marshal’s Office.
The fire, which occurred at a farm at 774 First Crown Point Road Wednesday evening, caused serious burns to a homeowner and destroyed the old farmhouse and two large barns before area firefighters extinguished the blaze.
“We don’t have a cause yet,” Stover said Tuesday, adding the fire may have started in one of the barns, but he said it did not appear to be suspicious.
Stover said no one else was injured as a result of the fire. A man was transported to the hospital for burns about the head and face.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Cause of $1.4 million house fire in Plainfield remains unknown - 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 0
- Deering couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of Bennington woman - 1
- Nashua driver rejects plea deal in hit-and-run negligent homicide case - 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 12
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 12
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 3
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
State surplus isn't big enough