Home » News » Public Safety
Police still look for answers in Plaistow girl's one-day disappearance
Plaistow Deputy Police Chief Kathleen Jones said Plaistow and Dover police are investigating the incident, but referred questions to the Dover Police Department as the "bulk" of the investigation will be done by that agency.
When a search was launched, Plaistow Police Lt. William Baldwin said Saturday that he believed her disappearance may have resulted from online conversations she had through social media websites, Baldwin said.
Dolleman would not discuss the specifics of the case because it involves a juvenile and is still under investigation. However, he said that, in general, when a person is missing "it's incumbent on any police department to try to find out where the person went and why they went there and if anything bad happened while they were away from their family."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072