Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Red Sox win
Nava homers, Aceves solid, Sox edge Rays
Nava’s ninth home run of the season off Rays starter Chris Archer gave the Red Sox two wins in the three-game set. Jacoby Ellsbury began the rally with two outs with a single up the middle, extending his hit streak to 11 games. Nava jumped ahead in the count, 3-0, took a strike and fought off five straight pitches before mashing a slider into the right-field bleachers.
Archer (1-2) left after four innings having allowed two earned runs on four hits with four walks and seven strikeouts. He threw 103 pitches.
Boston (41-26) dropped the fourth-place Rays (35-30) to five games off their pace. Tampa Bay outhit Boston, 6-5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 0
- U.S. preparing for grueling World Cup - 0
- 'Freedom Salute' honors NH Guard unit for saving lives - 0
- Girls' Basketball: Title defenders are also contenders - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
Casino for NH wins critical endorsement
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges