Ten contestants vie for Miss Greater Derry 2014 title this month
The pageant, a local preliminary into next May's Miss New Hampshire Scholarship Program, will begin at 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 19, and conclude Friday, June 21.Tickets are $12 online at missderry.org or at the door.
The Miss Greater Derry Scholarship Program will award $13,150, marking more than $312,000 awarded in scholarships since 1987.
Scholarships will be given to Miss Greater Derry 2014 and four runner-ups, with awards also given for community service, academic merit, the David Raabe Memorial Congeniality honor and both the Brenda E. Keith Interview Award and the Suzanne Knox Talent Award.The competition this year centers around the theme ';Once Upon Another Time,'; and celebrates the organization's 27th year of ';scholarship, style, service and success.';
The opening number stars the 11 contestants, dancers from New Hampshire Academie of Dance and the reigning Miss Greater Derry, Kendall Wipff, a vocalist who earned first runner-up status to Miss New Hampshire.Choreographer for the program is Laura Foti (Miss Greater Derry 2000) of the NH Academie of Dance, and director of the program is Danielle Jean-Cowan (Miss Greater Derry 1999).
Contestants include: Amanda Maruco and Devenn Glickman, both of Manchester, Elizabeth Curette of Hampstead, Megan Cooley of Auburn, Jessica Avelar of Nashua, and Holly Blanchard, Kesly Ferdinando, Katie Carlson, Nichole Iacuzio and Stephanie Iacuzio, all of Derry,
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.