New Hampshire Religion in Brief
KINGSTON – The East Kingston Community United Methodist Church is holding Vacation Bible School called Kingdom Rock Adventure from 9 a.m. to noon June 24-28.
For information, questions or to register a child, call Pastor Steve at 734-2940 or 642-8874
NEWMARKET — Aryaloka Buddhist Center will host a talk by Tibetan monk Dhardo Rinpoche on Wednesday, June 19, from 7 to 9 p.m. at 14 Heartwood Circle.
Listen to his personal account about traditional Tibetan practice from the present holder of the Dhardo lineage.
During his visit, the present Dhardo Rinpoche will dedicate a site on the Aryaloka grounds for the building of the stupa, which will hold relics of the late Dhardo and be a symbol of Enlightenment and focal site for practice.
DVD presentation in Merrimack
MERRIMACK — The Nashua area Voice of the Faithful will feature a DVD presentation by the Rev. Donald Cozzens at a 7 p.m. meeting on Tuesday, June 25, at the town’s public library.
As a steadfast and longtime supporter of Voice of the Faithful, Cozzens spoke at the 10th anniversary conference in Boston last fall on the challenges facing the church and how members may be involved.
The library is located at 470 Daniel Webster Highway (Rt. 3) at the intersection with Baboosic Lake Road. Turn onto Baboosic Lake Road and take the immediate driveway on the right.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford Bible study group to meet on Sept. 10 - 0
- Hundreds attend Mass for slain journalist from NH - 1
- St. George Greek Orthodox pastor heads west - 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
- Inaugural organ concert at Wolfeboro church Aug. 27 - 0
- Knights of Columbus assists with Manchester church renovations - 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America