New Hampshire Religion in Brief
KINGSTON – The East Kingston Community United Methodist Church is holding Vacation Bible School called Kingdom Rock Adventure from 9 a.m. to noon June 24-28.
For information, questions or to register a child, call Pastor Steve at 734-2940 or 642-8874
NEWMARKET — Aryaloka Buddhist Center will host a talk by Tibetan monk Dhardo Rinpoche on Wednesday, June 19, from 7 to 9 p.m. at 14 Heartwood Circle.
Listen to his personal account about traditional Tibetan practice from the present holder of the Dhardo lineage.
During his visit, the present Dhardo Rinpoche will dedicate a site on the Aryaloka grounds for the building of the stupa, which will hold relics of the late Dhardo and be a symbol of Enlightenment and focal site for practice.
DVD presentation in Merrimack
MERRIMACK — The Nashua area Voice of the Faithful will feature a DVD presentation by the Rev. Donald Cozzens at a 7 p.m. meeting on Tuesday, June 25, at the town’s public library.
As a steadfast and longtime supporter of Voice of the Faithful, Cozzens spoke at the 10th anniversary conference in Boston last fall on the challenges facing the church and how members may be involved.
The library is located at 470 Daniel Webster Highway (Rt. 3) at the intersection with Baboosic Lake Road. Turn onto Baboosic Lake Road and take the immediate driveway on the right.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sandy Hook mom to talk Nov. 5 at Nashua church - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- St. Charles Church in Dover to be torn down - 2
- Tibetan monks make peace offering in Peterborough - 0
- Parishes to show support for priests this weekend - 0
- Bedford church helps African missionaries - 0
- Churches turn to social media to reach people - 0
- Salem church a step closer to expanded feeding capability - 0
- Beloved pastor, Citizen of the Year dies - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Where you go to college could be an issue at the polls - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters