Jesse Remington graduates remember travel, service, and the feeling of family at school
The small Christian school, which began in the basement of the church back in 1992, offers kids a chance to travel and become involved in a wide range of community service while, at the same time, receiving an individualized and highly challenging academic education.
Graduating seniors Anna Bacon, Rachel Burke, Victoria Choi, Zachary Clark, Daniel Elliott, Emily Goldthwaite, Julia Hawkins, Angelina MacDonald, Anna Philbrick and Madeline Pryor will now head off to colleges and work as nearby as Saint Anselm College and as far off as Bodrog Christian School in Hungary.
"As a school, we travel all over," said Bowden. "We've been to New York and Philadelphia and the kids do a lot of volunteer work."
And as Rev. Bryan Moore, pastor of Candia's Congregational Church, told the crowd, the students are ready to take their next big step.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 19
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 10
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'