Epping graduates urged to find their passion
The night could not begin until they presented the roses to the family members, friends and others in the audience who were always there to offer support and guidance to the graduates throughout their high school days.
"Together we have created some unforgettable memories," said class salutatorian Kylie Patton, who spoke of the many steps they've taken, the friends they've made and the important decisions they've faced that have molded them over the years.
"The truth is it doesn't matter what path you take if you have found meaning and purpose in what you do," said Nekton, who was chosen as this year's keynote speaker by the students.
Nekton encouraged the students to find work that's meaningful.
"If you don't find your first passion, then turn the page. Don't give up," he said.
While writing his speech, Repucci tried to think of a way to repay the graduates for all they had shared with him. He decided to give each graduate a copy of the poem "If" by Rudyard Kipling along with their graduation picture.
"I know the word will be a better place having you in it," Repucci told the graduates.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
- Derry school district expects 2014-15 25-student enrollment increase - 0
- Derry teacher who brings science to life a national award finalist - 0
- Londonderry sophomore has a passion for the past - 0
- Students take part in seminar on privacy at Nashua North - 0
- Londonderry kids learn while doing on Toga Tuesday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 6
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112