'Such grand celebration' as Londonderry graduates 398
Breaking the stereotype that popularity is an opposite of academic achievement, Doherty is the first graduate in the history of the school to have served as class president and been named valedictorian.
But any uncertainty over the future was overshadowed by
"I'm feeling great. It's good to be here," said Pearce, who said he is following in the footsteps of several family members who'd served in the Army.
Principal Jason Parent said he didn't believe that the class theme, which revolved around being lucky, was not apropos for the 398 graduates.
"I would say that doesn't fit" the class, Parent said. "You created your own luck through hard work, acts of caring and wanting to make a difference and by being good people."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem teachers, school board agree to two-year contract - 0
- Hillside Middle School is state winner in Samsung science contest - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 10
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- MCC students get hands-on experience building Manchester home - 0
- Manchester board holds off seeking $22m for building projects - 0
- Nashua survey reveals class sizes as major issue - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383