Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
B's 'encouraged' by Horton
“It was encouraging to see him out there today,” Julien said. “And if he feels good tomorrow, he’s in the lineup. Simple as that.”
Game 1 victory in the Stanley Cup Final is apparently not enough to satisfy Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville.
NHL coaches hardly like to tinker with unbroken things come playoff time as lines are defined, but he is an obvious exception. He again changed lines at Friday’s practice the day before the Hawks host the Bruins in Game 2 at the United Center.
Ottawa Senators coach Paul MacLean was named NHL coach of the year on Friday, as the league announced a number of award winners.
MacLean won the Jack Adams Award by accumulating 206 voting points, including 28 first-place votes, in the balloting by the NHL Broadcasters’ Association. Quenneville was second with 22 first-place votes and 160 points, and former Manchester Monarchs coach Bruce Boudreau of the Anaheim Ducks was third with six first-place votes and 88 points.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- Another win for Jones, Kings - 0
- Bruins preparing for tough stretch - 0
- Lucic leads Bruins past Blue Jackets - 0
- Chara's 'Gordie' lifts Bruins over Rangers - 0
- Bruin’s effort a turkey in 6-1 loss to Detroit - 0
- Krug lifts Bruins over Penguins in OT - 0
- B's top Hurricanes in overtime - 0
- Blues tip Bruins in shootout - 0
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Blue Jays knuckler may be headed to NH
Most NH hospitals average on measurement of knee, hip surgery; Wentworth-Douglas among worst
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos