Derry native says her fashion blog gets hits from 100 countries
The 2011 Pinkerton Academy graduate and soon-to-be junior at Emerson College is the young fashion maven behind Trends & Tolstoy (www.trendsandtolstoy.com), a blog geared toward style-conscious, college-aged women on the go.
"Originally, it was just me and my computer," she said with a laugh. "I wanted to keep up with my outfits and make sure I wasn't wearing yoga pants to class every day."
"I do get a lot of emails from college-aged folks who are trying to appear more professional, more polished," Colby said. "Most of us college students are so tempted to throw on a sweatshirt in the morning, but we're also trying to break that habit as we move towards our career goals."
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.