Exeter teachers were kids' favorites
All three teachers have recently resigned and the scandalous screenplay is now part of an investigation that began in April when Batchelder was placed on paid administrative leave amid allegations that a female student may have been sexually assaulted in 2009.
The three teachers were placed on administrative leave during the investigation. Batchelder resigned in May while Grossmith and Forbes resigned last week, although Batchelder is the only name revealed publicly through minutes of an Exeter Region Cooperative School Board meeting last week. The others are expected to be released at a school board meeting Tuesday.
"The role of the superintendent is not to interfere with the process of the yearbook. The students selected these teachers and we're not going to interfere with that," he said Friday.
At this point, he said the investigation is now in the hands of Exeter police and the state Department of Education.
"I think it's unfortunate that it would happen at this time or year or happen at any time of year," Morgan said. "I'm disappointed that some of the negativity is overshadowing the positive things. I think the good at Exeter High School far, far outweighs any negativity. There are so many positive things going on and so many accolades."
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Manchester makes move to outsource student driver education program - 3
- Nashua education board chair concerned about test scores - 0
- Dartmouth scholar to co-lead Arctic initiative - 0
- Manchester school health costs down, but plans called 'generous' - 0
- Manchester school board reaffirms 'get tough' policy for student assaults - 3
- Pinkerton Academy to issue refunds to sending towns - 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with elementary school students - 0
- Public hearing on proposed school bonds - 1
- Crotched Mtn. school suit alleges abuse - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 2
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 21
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer