Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Somersworth man charged with smothering child
Chief Medical Examiner Thomas Andrew determined the child, Noah York, died from smothering and his death was ruled a homicide.
Jared Pope, 30, of Somersworth, was charged with manslaughter for allegedly causing the child's death. He is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in the 7th Circuit District Court in Dover.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 5:48 p.m. to 231 High St. after a 911 call – which was placed from Apt. 2 – reported a toddler was in distress.
Ambulance crews transported York to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover where he was later pronounced dead.
It is unclear whether York or Pope lived in the apartment.
Somersworth police referred all inquiries to the Attorney General's office.
Geoff Ward, an attorney with the AG's office, said state investigators continue to look into the matter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief