Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Somersworth man charged with smothering child
Chief Medical Examiner Thomas Andrew determined the child, Noah York, died from smothering and his death was ruled a homicide.
Jared Pope, 30, of Somersworth, was charged with manslaughter for allegedly causing the child's death. He is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in the 7th Circuit District Court in Dover.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 5:48 p.m. to 231 High St. after a 911 call – which was placed from Apt. 2 – reported a toddler was in distress.
Ambulance crews transported York to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover where he was later pronounced dead.
It is unclear whether York or Pope lived in the apartment.
Somersworth police referred all inquiries to the Attorney General's office.
Geoff Ward, an attorney with the AG's office, said state investigators continue to look into the matter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 1
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 0
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424