Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon
The 57th decathlon for boys is the oldest high school decathlon in the country. For the girls in the heptathlon it will be the 37th state championship.
The unusual wrinkle this weekend is that six sets of twins will be participating.
Not only are there six sets of twins, but they come from just three different schools.
All told, Paling said that 167 athletes will be participating, representing 27 schools on the girls' side and 26 on the boys'.
Athletes to watch on the decathlon side include Stevens of Claremont's Ramario Bailey, who finished seventh last year, and Nashua North's Bill Goulding.
On the heptathlon side, the Athanasopoulos twins are solid contenders after finishing second (Jenna) and third (Michaela) as juniors last year.
There will be no repeat winners as decathlon champion Chris Bohi of Merrimack Valley of Penacook and heptathlon champion Hillary Holmes of Exeter were both seniors last year.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false