Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon
The 57th decathlon for boys is the oldest high school decathlon in the country. For the girls in the heptathlon it will be the 37th state championship.
The unusual wrinkle this weekend is that six sets of twins will be participating.
Not only are there six sets of twins, but they come from just three different schools.
All told, Paling said that 167 athletes will be participating, representing 27 schools on the girls' side and 26 on the boys'.
Athletes to watch on the decathlon side include Stevens of Claremont's Ramario Bailey, who finished seventh last year, and Nashua North's Bill Goulding.
On the heptathlon side, the Athanasopoulos twins are solid contenders after finishing second (Jenna) and third (Michaela) as juniors last year.
There will be no repeat winners as decathlon champion Chris Bohi of Merrimack Valley of Penacook and heptathlon champion Hillary Holmes of Exeter were both seniors last year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
- 'Embrance the challenge ... behold the view,' MCPHS grads told - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos