Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon
The 57th decathlon for boys is the oldest high school decathlon in the country. For the girls in the heptathlon it will be the 37th state championship.
The unusual wrinkle this weekend is that six sets of twins will be participating.
Not only are there six sets of twins, but they come from just three different schools.
All told, Paling said that 167 athletes will be participating, representing 27 schools on the girls' side and 26 on the boys'.
Athletes to watch on the decathlon side include Stevens of Claremont's Ramario Bailey, who finished seventh last year, and Nashua North's Bill Goulding.
On the heptathlon side, the Athanasopoulos twins are solid contenders after finishing second (Jenna) and third (Michaela) as juniors last year.
There will be no repeat winners as decathlon champion Chris Bohi of Merrimack Valley of Penacook and heptathlon champion Hillary Holmes of Exeter were both seniors last year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 1
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan