Nashua South grads told to embrace lessons from challenges
The students took it from there, flinging purple and white caps in the air and celebrating the official end to their high school years. The now-former students embraced as the caps and dozens of mini beach balls fell back to the floor at Verizon Wireless Arena.
The ceremony lasted two hours, much of it recognizing each student as he or she walked across the stage and received one of the roughly 440 diplomas that were awarded after several speeches from classmates and members of the faculty .
"Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. Congratulations Class of 2013," said DaShawna Borgault, the designated student speaker for Sunday's ceremony.
Valedictorian Bhavana Kaki, salutatorian Elaine Kwan and the class officers also addressed their peers as family and friends cheered and photographed the ceremony from the seats overlooking the arena floor, where the boys wore purple caps and gowns and the girls wore white.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 1
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112