Scene in Manchester: First to email gets Fun Pass
I certainly want to help the mission, and will be purchasing my own Fun Pass. That means I have one to give away to the first reader who emails me after this column is printed.
One man's trash
I love yard sale season. It's the time of year to get rid of all the old junk in my house and fill it up with other people's old junk. My husband and I recently hauled a basement full of our old junk over to 934 Lake Shore Road to donate to the annual Amoskeag Community Volunteers yard sale. This two-day event is this weekend, Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
I finally had an opportunity to use some services at the Elliot at River's Edge, and I really liked the one-stop shopping. I was able to see a doctor, get X-rays, and blood work all in the same building. And since there is one computer system, the X-ray and lab technicians knew I was coming. I love technology.
The Manchester City Library is kicking off its summer reading program with an Ice Cream Social and Touch-a-Truck event this Saturday on the library's lawn and parking lot. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., children will be welcome to explore trucks from the Manchester Highway Department and enjoy ice cream provided by the Puritan Backroom. There will also be life-size checkers and Connect 4 games courtesy of the Giant Game Company.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- After hand injury, Manchester spa owner didn't think she would ever be able to work again - 0
- Scene in Manchester: A no-holds-barred workout right on Elm Street - 1
- Scene in Manchester: Monsters on the loose, again - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Calling all area Muchachos - 0
- Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 1
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'