Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed
MANCHESTER – A cab driver was set up for robbery early Saturday morning by two women and a man with scrap metal stacked in shopping carts, according to police.
The 56-year-old Manchester Taxi driver, Morel Georges, was dispatched at 1 a.m. to Merrimack and Maple streets for a fare. When he arrived, two women in their 20s and an Asian or Hispanic man, also in his 20s, were waiting, standing next to three shopping carts containing scrap metal.
They identified themselves as the cab's fares and started putting the metal into the trunk of the taxi. Suddenly, the man attacked the driver, hitting him in the face and knocking him to the ground. The robber grabbed the cash from the fares, which the driver had put in his shirt pocket, and then he and the women ran off, leaving behind the carts and the scrap metal.
The driver had some swelling and bleeding near his mouth, police said.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 4
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 2
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424