Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Judge cancels the scheduled rape trial of a Raymond man
Jury selection was expected to begin on Monday for Patrick Eschenbrenner, 51, who faces charges that he sexually assaulted a Raymond girl between 2002 and 2007. The abuse began when the girl was 7 years old, according to indictments.
An assessment by corrections staff prompted concerns that Eschenbrenner could attempt to harm himself or someone else while on trial.
The records also show a sealed document was filed after Wednesday's hearing.
Eschenbrenner faces six counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault.
He is already serving a 20- to 40-year prison sentence for a prior sexual assault conviction involving a young girl. A Rockingham County jury convicted him in that case in 2008.
But the state Supreme Court overturned that decision in February, returning Eschenbrenner to state prison.
While Eschenbrenner was freed on bail, a second victim came forward to investigators, leading to his indictment in the latest case.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 1
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483