Home » News » Politics » Gate City Musings
Gate City Musings: Editorial got it wrong
Is the mayor thinking of running for a third term? If so, she had best listen to her "friends" in City Hall and adjacent businesses who are questioning (behind her back of course) her decisions and actions over the past couple of months.
When it comes to explaining the huge raises for a few select department heads who toe the line, she gets an "A" for effort. When it comes to raises for those who don't, she gets an "F" for forgetting.
When it comes to adequately explaining the downtown street and sidewalks project, she gets a "C" for cunning. The program has been going on for too much time and it has cost downtown merchants thousands and thousands of dollars in lost sales.
However, when it comes to ribbon cuttings, attendance at forums on women's rights and Board of Education meetings instead of aldermanic meetings, she gets another "A" for attendance. But, when she chooses schools' business over important city business, she fails.
Moriarty, a fiscal conservative who knows figures, said recently that it took him "a couple of hours" to figure out the mayor's budget as to what items went up or down compared to last year. Don't we have a city CFO and a Citi-Stat staff, along with the mayor, who are capable of doing this?
Congratulations to the Class of 2013 at Nashua North and South, Bishop Guertin, Academy of Notre Dame, Adult Learning Center, Nashua Christian High School and all area high schools and colleges. You are the future of our great nation. Use your education to make our city, state and country the envy of the world.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State police targeting unsafe trucks, buses in 72-hour enforcement campaign - 0
- I-293 lane closures expected for next 2 weeks in Manchester - 0
- Another busy summer seen for I-93 construction - 2
- More in Keene paying for parking by cellphone - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hassan vetoes bill to impose 'politeness' standards on public employees - 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 4
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 1
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 4
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 5
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail