Derry school district looks to boost its bandwith
Increasing district bandwidth is a large part of the district’s revised three-year technology plan, according to IT Director Ray Larose.
Superintendent Laura Nelson said the district recently did a test of its system at its five elementary and two middle schools.
The West Running Brook and Gilbert H. Hood middle schools had a small percentage of the bandwidth needed for the effective administration of the tests, according to Nelson.
In other highlights of the technology plan, Larose said the district is looking to move some information from the servers within the district to cloud servers.
With Google Docs, Larose said students will have 24-hour-a-day access to projects and assignments.
Larose said Google turns off the advertising for educational accounts and does not mine the student data.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
- Stevens High School in Claremont to have start pushed back to Sept. 10 because of renovations - 0
- Plymouth State's $32 million health, track facility seen as student draw - 1
- Free school meals rejected as Manchester board bucks federal program - 51
- Proposed hike for Manchester's driver education course reversed - 1
- With SNHU merger on hold, search renewed for NHIA president - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help