Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault
Carlos Gonzalez III, 48, is facing 14 counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault in the Salem case for an ongoing pattern of abuse that began when the girl was 11 years old, according to indictments.
He has been a Lawrence police officer since 1988, but was studying to become a lawyer at the time of his arrest. He remains on a paid administrative leave from his job.
A grand jury returned the indictments in the Salem case while meeting earlier this month in Rockingham County Superior Court.
The alleged activity continued up until May 15, 1994, according to indictments.
It’s unclear when he will be brought back to New Hampshire to face charges. If a jury convicts him in the New Hampshire case, he could face up to 10 to 20 years in state prison on each of the charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Littleton police searching for man who attempted to rob gas station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 6
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424