Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault
Carlos Gonzalez III, 48, is facing 14 counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault in the Salem case for an ongoing pattern of abuse that began when the girl was 11 years old, according to indictments.
He has been a Lawrence police officer since 1988, but was studying to become a lawyer at the time of his arrest. He remains on a paid administrative leave from his job.
A grand jury returned the indictments in the Salem case while meeting earlier this month in Rockingham County Superior Court.
The alleged activity continued up until May 15, 1994, according to indictments.
It’s unclear when he will be brought back to New Hampshire to face charges. If a jury convicts him in the New Hampshire case, he could face up to 10 to 20 years in state prison on each of the charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- Jackson Ski Touring makes top U.S. skiing list - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917