Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need
Once again this year, Southern New Hampshire Services and Rockingham Community Action are offering a summer food service program to Derry residents age 18 and under.
There is no preregistration required for the meals, which are provided without charge and are the same for all regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
Those locations are the Fairways Apartments on Forest Ridge Road from 4:15 to 5 p.m., Franklin Village on Laraway Court from 5:15 to 5:45 p.m., and Hood Park on Rollins Street from 6 to 6:30 p.m.
Anyone looking for additional information on the program can call 668-8010, ext. 6048, or visit www.snhs.org.
In addition to the free suppers, the Salvation Army will once again be offering free lunches for those 18 and under on Tuesdays at the Fairway Apartments from noon to 1 p.m. and on Thursdays at Hood Park from noon to 1 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama's uncertain trumpet, again - 0
- Maureen McDonald: Ray Rice and the everyday problem of domestic violence - 1
- Another View -- Jason Bedrick: An important court victory for parents and taxpayers - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Mob rule economics is bad for everyone - 8
- George Will: Eviscerating the 1st Amendment is extremism - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: Upholding America's honor in a dangerous world - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We are in for a nasty, dishonest election season - 25
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't apologize for not voting - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two weekend robberies reported in Manchester, one committed by man in sling, 'Rocky Squirrel' hat - 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 1
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown v. Shaheen: A tale of new polls - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats