High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens
Practice for the second CHaD East-West All-Star Game will begin today at two locations: The East team will practice at Exeter High from 4:15 to 7:45 p.m.; and the West will hold its first workout at Manchester Memorial from 4:30 to 8:15 p.m. Practices are open to the public.
Players in the game are recently graduated seniors.
Each coach said the limited amount of preparation time is the biggest challenge in an all-star game.
Camirand said the wing-T and the straight-T will be two of the East’s four formations.
Bedford’s James Caparell and Keene’s Lucas Luopa are among the West quarterbacks.
“The strength of our roster are the skill kids,” Schubert said. “I think we only have 12 linemen on the team. We didn’t have a lot of linemen to choose from at the beginning, so whenever we’ve had to replace a kid I’ve tried to replace him with a lineman.”
A free youth clinic sponsored by the New England Patriots and the New England Patriots Alumni Club will be held at UNH’s Bremner Field (the UNH soccer field) on the morning of this year’s CHaD game. The non-contact clinic is open to boys and girls ages 10-14 of all skill levels.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 3
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
- Ramesh Ponnuru: Why the latest corporate tax cut plan won't work - 1
- Aidan Connell: Manchester Central educated this Hooksett student very well - 11
- Deroy Murdock; Fracking is 'greener' than environmentalists want to admit - 9
- Margaret Carlson: Is Obamacare challenging enough yet for President Obama? - 4
- George Will: Scott Walker, action figure governor - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: An outbreak of lawlessness - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released