High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens
Practice for the second CHaD East-West All-Star Game will begin today at two locations: The East team will practice at Exeter High from 4:15 to 7:45 p.m.; and the West will hold its first workout at Manchester Memorial from 4:30 to 8:15 p.m. Practices are open to the public.
Players in the game are recently graduated seniors.
Each coach said the limited amount of preparation time is the biggest challenge in an all-star game.
Camirand said the wing-T and the straight-T will be two of the East’s four formations.
Bedford’s James Caparell and Keene’s Lucas Luopa are among the West quarterbacks.
“The strength of our roster are the skill kids,” Schubert said. “I think we only have 12 linemen on the team. We didn’t have a lot of linemen to choose from at the beginning, so whenever we’ve had to replace a kid I’ve tried to replace him with a lineman.”
A free youth clinic sponsored by the New England Patriots and the New England Patriots Alumni Club will be held at UNH’s Bremner Field (the UNH soccer field) on the morning of this year’s CHaD game. The non-contact clinic is open to boys and girls ages 10-14 of all skill levels.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan