Exeter High teachers’ resignations announced at school board meeting
At a meeting of the Exeter Region Cooperative School Board, Morgan said Mark Forbes and Tod Grossmith resigned their positions in the social studies department earlier this month. Their resignations followed the resignation of Robert Batchelder Jr., a social studies teacher who left in May.
No charges have been filed, but police continue to investigate.
During the investigation, the manuscript of a screenplay called “Graduation Crashers” was uncovered and is now part of the probe. The names of Batchelder, Forbes and Grossmith appear as the writers on the cover of the screenplay, which tells the story of a group of wild teachers from a school called Biltmore High School who crash graduation parties.
The screenplay has scenes that show teachers drinking, involved in sexual encounters with mothers of students and a college intern, and engaged in other questionable behavior.
There was no mention of the screenplay scandal at Tuesday’s meeting, and no members of the public spoke about the controversy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Theatre Under the Stars honors 'The Bard,' local fallen soldier - 0
- Family of World War I vet receives Purple Heart medal in ceremony - 0
- Struggle of returning female veterans is showcased in film playing July 29 - 0
- Mt. Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce soars - 0
- $17.6b request seeks to cover more efficient veteran care - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH veterans program targeted by 'baffling bureaucratic decision' - 0
- Nashua court gives veterans a fighting chance - 0
- Derry Army veteran is a hit at Fenway Park - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket