Queen City community to celebrate U.N. World Refugee Day today
This event will take place today at the William B. Cashin Senior Activity Center from 5 to 7 p.m. and is expected to draw 300 attendees from the greater Manchester area.
The event will feature a photographic slideshow by Beck Fields of Field Work Photos, speeches by refugees from the Manchester community, a cultural attire show, a traditional Bhutanese dance, and Swahili singing.
“We’re excited to bring together and celebrate all the cultures that make Manchester so diverse. The refugee community looks forward to sharing their traditions with the entire Manchester community,” said Nasir Arush, site director of the International Institute of New Hampshire.
The International Institute of New England, a non-profit agency, invests in the strength and determination of new Americans and helps them create a solid foundation today for a brighter and more successful tomorrow.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 18
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 10
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus