Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Man charged with theft in Manchester police sting involving abandoned purse acquitted
"The court rules as a matter of law that unless the propery in question is not in fact lost or mislaid, then the Court cannot find that there is an offense under (the law)," Lyones wrote. Lyons found Alexander Ramasci innocent of the crime.
But Manchester police pulled him over after he left the T.J. Maxx plaza on South Willow Street and started peppering him with questions about suspicous activity and drug dealing.
His lawyer, Manchester alderman Joe Kelly Levasseur, said he will ask the New Hampshire Liquor Commission to rehire Ramasci, who lost his job after his arrest. Ramasci has yet to find a job; Levasseur said he suspects potential employers reject him after his ordeal surfaces during Internet searches.
"This is just another slap upside his head," Levasseur said. "They put together a ridiculous sting operation and a bad public-policy message for people who find things."
Mara would not comment on Levasseur's remarks when contacted by telephone Thursday afternoon. A message left for prosecutor Rose-Marie Balboni at the Hillsborough County Attorney Office was not returned.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal