Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester Central student says he was knocked unconscious
“There’s still a lot of unanswered questions about what happened to this young man,” Tessier said Wednesday.
Central Prinicipal Ronald Mailhot said two assistant principals are helping the school resource officer, Detective Kimberly Barbee, investigate the incident. He said they are somewhat hampered by the time of year.
This is finals week, and seniors are gone from high school. Other students only go to school when they have a final.
Tessier said the 14-year-old went into a bathroom on the third floor of the James Building sometime after 1 p.m. between classes. He was struck in the back of the head, woke up and went to class.
He told police someone was in the bathroom when he entered it, but he could not identify the person.
He was later treated at a local hospital and his injuries were not serious, police said. Tessier said anyone with information should contact the police.
Mailhot would not provide details about the assault, but said the incident did not appear to involve mutual combat.
The principal said he’s spoken to the teen’s parents, and school officials are taking the matter seriously.
Most involve boyfriend/girlfriend situations, and often students admit their roles in the conflict.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'