Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester Central student says he was knocked unconscious
“There’s still a lot of unanswered questions about what happened to this young man,” Tessier said Wednesday.
Central Prinicipal Ronald Mailhot said two assistant principals are helping the school resource officer, Detective Kimberly Barbee, investigate the incident. He said they are somewhat hampered by the time of year.
This is finals week, and seniors are gone from high school. Other students only go to school when they have a final.
Tessier said the 14-year-old went into a bathroom on the third floor of the James Building sometime after 1 p.m. between classes. He was struck in the back of the head, woke up and went to class.
He told police someone was in the bathroom when he entered it, but he could not identify the person.
He was later treated at a local hospital and his injuries were not serious, police said. Tessier said anyone with information should contact the police.
Mailhot would not provide details about the assault, but said the incident did not appear to involve mutual combat.
The principal said he’s spoken to the teen’s parents, and school officials are taking the matter seriously.
Most involve boyfriend/girlfriend situations, and often students admit their roles in the conflict.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
- Fire destroys Hanover home - 0
- Chester teen suffers serious injuries in dirt bike accident - 0
- AG continues investigation in search for missing Abby Hernandez - 0
- Pair sent to Massachusetts hospital for serious burns following grease fire in Milton home - 0
- Boy, 14, injured in 20-foot fall in Allenstown - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 0
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- NH doctors: There's more to Medicare list than meets the eye - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 0
- Police: Boscawen chase involved homeless man at wheel - 0
- Plaistow man in toddler abuse case indicted in jail assault - 0
Facebook leads to career in social media
License revocations for DWI announced
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers