Search warrants, but court officials say no arrest warrant issued for Patriots' Hernandez
ATTLEBORO, Mass. — Three search warrants have been issued in connection with the investigation into a homicide near the home of Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, a court clerk said Friday.
Hernandez also returned back to his North Attleborough home just before 5 p.m. Friday.
The warrants have not been returned, and are not public. Warrants must be returned within seven days.
Attleboro court clerk Nancy E. Clarke said she could not comment on where the warrants were intended to allow investigators to search.
Attleboro circuit court clerk Mark Sturdy said no arrest warrant for Aaron Hernandez has been issued out of that court.
“Not that I’m aware of,” Sturdy said. At 4:30 Friday, there was still no arrest warrant in the Attleboro court.
Clarke said no warrant has been issued for Hernandez arrest anywhere in the state.
“If it was issued anywhere in the state it would show up,” said Clarke. “There’s only three clerks here, we all talk to each other. No warrant has been issued.”
Hernandez’s North Attleborough home was searched by investigators earlier this week after the body of a 27-year-old Dorchester man, Odin L. Lloyd, was found Monday night in an industrial park less than a mile from Hernandez’s $1.3 million mini-mansion. The death has been ruled a homicide.
Just before noon Friday, two state troopers delivered some papers to Hernandez’s house, which was quiet, aside from a scrum of media. A few minutes earlier, a gift order of fruit was delivered.
Hernandez was booted from Gillette Stadium Thursday when he showed up for a workout, according to a source close to the team.
Last Friday, Hernandez and Lloyd sat together at a VIP table at the Theatre District nightspot reveling around a roped-off table with several hangers-on, Rumor nightclub manager Thomas Moore told the Herald.
Investigators probing Lloyd’s homicide have reviewed surveillance tapes from the club that night, sources said. A spokeswoman for Bristol District Attorney Sam Sutter, who is heading the probe, declined to comment Thursday, except to say the investigation is “fluid and very active.”
Moore said he was not at the club when police reviewed the surveillance tapes and was unsure what investigators looked at. He said Hernandez is an occasional customer at the club, a hot spot for Boston pro athletes.
“He’s been here a few times,” Moore said. “All of the players come in.”
Hernandez refused to speak with reporters at the gas station Thursday, and his lawyers at the high-powered firm of Ropes & Gray did not respond to multiple inquiries.
Meanwhile, Hernandez was issued a summons Thursday out of federal court in Florida, after a former friend re-filed a lawsuit claiming the one-time Pro Bowler allegedly shot him in the face after a spat at a Miami strip club in February.
In Dorchester Thursday, Lloyd’s family languished in grief and frustration, mourning their loss and saying cops have kept them in the dark about the case. His sister pleaded for witnesses to cooperate.
“I need whoever it is who knows what happened to say something,” Olivia Thibou said. “Because he knows who it is. He knows who he was with and that person needs to speak up.”