Campbell High names football coach
Gush replaces Marc Prindiville, who led the team through its first six seasons. Gush has been coaching in the Hudson-Litchfield Bears youth program for the past nine years.
Originally from Pennsylvania, the 48-year-old Gush has lived in New Hampshire since 1995, coaching football, baseball, basketball and soccer in the area.
“Most of the sophomore class are kids I coached, probably about a dozen,” Gush said. “Our youth program has been amazing. A lot of talented players have gone on to play at Campbell.”
Gush served in the Air Force and played high school football at North Pocono High in Moscow, Pa., under Nick Donato. Gush said that he will lean on Donato, who now coaches at Scranton (Pa.) Prep, for advice.
The Cougars will return one of the top running backs in the state from last season in senior Jesiah Wade. Gush said he will look for balance on offense and the defensive emphasis will be on all 11 players being accountable as individuals to make the whole of the defense stronger.
“I’m going to do my best to be a consistent force in their life,” he said. “There are things you learn on the football field that you can’t learn anywhere else.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 27
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 26
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 9
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed