Campbell High names football coach
Gush replaces Marc Prindiville, who led the team through its first six seasons. Gush has been coaching in the Hudson-Litchfield Bears youth program for the past nine years.
Originally from Pennsylvania, the 48-year-old Gush has lived in New Hampshire since 1995, coaching football, baseball, basketball and soccer in the area.
“Most of the sophomore class are kids I coached, probably about a dozen,” Gush said. “Our youth program has been amazing. A lot of talented players have gone on to play at Campbell.”
Gush served in the Air Force and played high school football at North Pocono High in Moscow, Pa., under Nick Donato. Gush said that he will lean on Donato, who now coaches at Scranton (Pa.) Prep, for advice.
The Cougars will return one of the top running backs in the state from last season in senior Jesiah Wade. Gush said he will look for balance on offense and the defensive emphasis will be on all 11 players being accountable as individuals to make the whole of the defense stronger.
“I’m going to do my best to be a consistent force in their life,” he said. “There are things you learn on the football field that you can’t learn anywhere else.”
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 3
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 83
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans