Campbell High names football coach
Gush replaces Marc Prindiville, who led the team through its first six seasons. Gush has been coaching in the Hudson-Litchfield Bears youth program for the past nine years.
Originally from Pennsylvania, the 48-year-old Gush has lived in New Hampshire since 1995, coaching football, baseball, basketball and soccer in the area.
“Most of the sophomore class are kids I coached, probably about a dozen,” Gush said. “Our youth program has been amazing. A lot of talented players have gone on to play at Campbell.”
Gush served in the Air Force and played high school football at North Pocono High in Moscow, Pa., under Nick Donato. Gush said that he will lean on Donato, who now coaches at Scranton (Pa.) Prep, for advice.
The Cougars will return one of the top running backs in the state from last season in senior Jesiah Wade. Gush said he will look for balance on offense and the defensive emphasis will be on all 11 players being accountable as individuals to make the whole of the defense stronger.
“I’m going to do my best to be a consistent force in their life,” he said. “There are things you learn on the football field that you can’t learn anywhere else.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dodgers shut out Cardinals in NLCS Game 3 - 0
- Manchester Memorial grad Chris Lambert enters Boston College Hall of Fame - 1
- Finally, Tampa Bay's Sam Fuld gets to meet new son - 0
- Rays blank Indians in wild card game, headed to Boston for ALDS - 0
- Conway’s Locke left off Pirates’ playoff roster - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Playoff roster is Farrell's job - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Volunteers sought for discipline committees
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council