Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua deputy police chief placed on administrative leave
"Effective Friday, he was placed on administrative leave with pay," Pappas said when reached by phone Saturday night.
Pappas wouldn't say whether it involves an audit of the Nashua Police Relief Association being conducted by the Charitable Trusts Unit of the Attorney General's Office at the request of Nashua Police Chief John Seusing.
In March, Seusing said: "There were some concerns brought to my attention regarding the governance of (the association) and its internal procedures, whether they have been followed correctly."
Seusing said the association is open to Nashua police, and it provides relief to members and their families during a crisis, buys watches for members when they retire and offers a small life insurance policy.
The association's two-story building is also used for social functions or by officers on duty for a lunch break.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket